“Many Marriages Would Be Better If The Husband And The Wife Clearly Understood
That They Are On The Same Side.”
~ Zig Ziglar (1926-), American Author, Salesperson & Motivational Speaker
Sometimes it can seem like the person we love most in this world is also our greatest frustration… like we’re playing on different teams or actually trying to hurt each other. In actual fact, however, we’re longing for closeness and love, but just can’t seem to pull things together.
Instead of believing that we’re on different “sides”, let’s just learn to celebrate our differences. Let’s stop trying to make our partner more like us, and instead seek to enjoy and appreciate those differences and quirky things that we fell in love with in the first place.
The Five Love Languages Quiz does just that. It helps you understand the ways you most understand receiving love. This is valuable info for your partner. Why not both do this test and then share results with one another!
So, grab a pen and piece of paper. Read each of The Five Love Language Quiz questions with your boyfriend, partner or husband in mind (or if you haven’t found that special someone yet, then just imagine you have).
The Five Love Languages Quiz
Write down the numbers 1-36 on a blank page – each number corresponds to that numbered question. Then, read each question and give it a score out of 5 according to the following scale:
5 = Extremely True
4 = Very True
3 = True
2 = No Very True
1 = Not At All True
(1) It makes me so happy when the cards I receive from you are filled with thoughtful and loving words that you have written yourself
(2) I really love the little things you do around the house to help me
(3) I love to receive hugs from you
(4) Hugs are such simple things, but they mean so much to me in my love relationship
(5) Spending time together just enjoying each other is an important way in which I feel loved
(6) I really feel loved when you tell me that you think I look attractive/handsome
(7) I feel really loved when you put yourself out for me
(8) I feel loved when you buy me little gifts
(9) I feel so loved when you say little things to encourage me
(10) I feel loved when you turn your mobile phone off and we can just enjoy each other
(11) I love it when you tell me how much you appreciate the everyday things I do
(12) I really enjoy it when you touch me on the arm affectionately
(13) I feel very special when you surprise me with flowers
(14) I feel so loved by the thoughtful things you do for me
(15) It’s great to go out to a concert, for a meal or a walk… just where we can enjoy each other
(16) I love it when you make me breakfast
(17) Holding hands together is really important to me
(18) I feel loved when we have great conversations together
(19) The gifts you give me are very special to me
(20) It doesn’t so much matter what we do, as long as we do it together
(21) Helping me do things makes me feel really loved
(22) I feel so loved when you give me your undivided attention
(23) I think that receiving gifts is a very important part of a loving relationship
(24) I really love when we can just talk and laugh together
(25) I really love it when you compliment me
(26) I really feel loved when you cook me a special romantic dinner
(27) I feel so loved when you spontaneously give me kisses
(28) Sitting close together with you makes me feel more loved than if we sat apart
(29) I feel so special when you buy me things you know I’d like
(30) I feel so loved when you write me little love notes
(31) Receiving tangible gifts from you make me feel loved
(32) I really appreciate and feel loved when you do little things that you know I don’t enjoy doing
(33) Receiving presents are among my favourite things
(34) I feel so much closer when we touch more often
(35) Just calling me on the phone just to tell me you’re thinking of me is really important to me
(36) The thing I’d most like you to do for my birthday would be to:
A. Take the day off work and organise to do something special together
B. Write me an original poem about how you feel about me
C. Buy me a special gift that you know I would really enjoy
D. Make me a special three course meal and organise to do some of my least favourite chores for the week
E. Make me 100 “hugs and kisses” coupons that are redeemable wherever and whenever I want
STOP… Don’t go past this point in The Five Love Langauges Quiz until you’ve graded each of the above questions with a score from 1-5!!!
Don’t cheat, as you want to get the most out of The Five Love Languages Quiz.
The Five Love Languages Quiz Calculations…
Now add up the following to get your Five Love Language Quiz results:
1) Add together: 1, 6, 9, 11, 25, 30, 35 & 36B = /40
2) Add together: 2, 7, 14, 16, 21, 26, 32 & 36D = /40
3) Add together: 3, 4, 12, 17, 27, 28, 34 & 36E = /40
4) Add together: 5, 10, 15, 18, 20, 22, 24 & 36A = /40
5) Add together: 8, 13, 19, 23, 29, 31, 33, 36C = /40
The Five Love Languages Quiz Results…
1) = Words of Affirmation
You feel extremely loved when your partner compliments you on the way you look or on the things you have done. You love their encouragement and verbal support and save their cards and love notes as some of your most precious items. You are always filled with such love when you receive a card they’ve written that expresses their heartfelt love for you in their own litle way, little poems they might write, or if they ring you spontaneously during the day to say they love you.
2) = Acts of Service
You feel so loved when your partner does little things to help you. You always notice when they are thoughtful and put themself out to assist you, even if you could do those things yourself. There is such a sense of love and thankfulness you feel when they do this.
3) = Physical Touch
You feel especially loved when your partner touches you in loving ways. Whether it’s a spontaneous kiss, playful cuddle, or gentle, loving touch on the arm, you feel that touch convey the love your partner feels. You don’t understand why people would prefer to sit far apart on different chairs or couches, when they could be touching or in each other’s arms. When walking together, you really enjoy your partner reaching out to hold your hand, and you’d never say no to them giving you a massage.
4) = Quality Time
There’s nothing that makes your feel more loved than spending quality one-on-one time with the person you love. Great conversation and eye contact, flowing conversation, laughter and just being together. While fancy gifts and kindly spoken words are nice, you’d trade them any day for uninterrupted “together” time. You love it when your partner’s mobile phone is turned off or they sacrifice other important activities to spend time with you. Whether it’s fancy restaurant or just cuddling up on the couch to watch a movie and laugh about it together, you’re happiest when you can share experiences together.
5) = Gift Giving
There’s nothing better than receiving a thoughtful gift to make you feel loved in a relationship. Whether it’s a single flower or something much more expenisive, you love being fussed over, spoilt and thought of. The fact that your partner thought to give you something then organised it is very meaningful to you.
I hope you’ve enjoyed doing The Five Love Languages Quiz.